October 21, 2014

A quick trip to Oregon


This past weekend I made my way up to Eugene, Oregon to visit my brother at college. He just started his Freshmen year at The University of Oregon, so my Mom, Grandma, and I decided to go up for Family Weekend.

We started the weekend with a quick trip to Starbucks for Pumpkin Spice Lattes of course, and then hit the road.

I have never been to Oregon before and the drive was gorgeous. So many trees, tons of farmland, and cute quaint towns.

We arrived in Eugene Friday night and headed downtown to grab a bite to eat. We ended up at The Davis, which is a chic restaurant with an extensive menu and great drinks. Seriously, everything on the menu looked amazing.



We walked down the street to Voodoo Doughnuts. This was one of my "must dos" while I was up there. It started in Portland and then expanded to a second location in Eugene. Its been made famous by appearing on various shows such as; No Reservations, Bizarre Foods, and Portlandia. I got the classic maple bacon bar which was just as good as it sounds


The gorgeous campus

My brother gave us a quick tour of campus on Saturday which was beautiful. It finally felt like fall. Colors changing on the trees, old brick buildings, and lots or families out walking their dogs!

The Willamette River that runs through Eugene

The rest of the weekend was spent at the University of Oregon football game, shopping (hello no sales tax!) and relaxing with the family!

I headed back to The Bay on Sunday night via Amtrack.  Traveling by train was so old-school and leading up to it I totally romanticized it. It wasn't terrible but it definitely wasn't glamorous. Reminds me of the Sex and the City episode where Carrie and Samantha take the "deluxe sleeper" train across the country! It was an experience, that's for sure!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment