April 3, 2015

Fashion Fridays: Mad Men Fashion

Since it originally started I have been obsessed with Mad Men. I've watched the entire series 3 times and have loved every moments of it. Don Draper is one of the greatest characters on television and the show itself has a enough plot twists as a day time soap opera! If you have been living under a rock for the past 8 years Mad Men follows an advertising agency in New York in the 1960s through all of the ups and downs and shake-ups along the way. This Sunday marks "The End of the Era" as Mad Men will premier it's final 7 episodes. If you start now you (and don't sleep) you might be able to catch up in time for the premier. While Mad Men has introduced us to some great characters over these past years the show has also provided us with some major fashion inspiration! 


Don Draper could never go wrong with a classic suit; black, blue, brown, grey- you name it he wore it


I know many people are not Betty Draper-Francis fans, but she is my favorite character. She always looks put together and is so true to herself. I love when she is all dressed up for cocktails but I think I like casual Betty more. I am so inspired by this pastel color palette and white sunnies, truly displaying that less is more. 


Joan is by far the most fierce woman on this show and her wardrobe showed that. I am always inspired to show off my curves and to try monochromatic jewel tones. The woman could also rock a broach and silk scarf. 


Megan's fashion has always been someone edgier than the other ladies on the show. See through dresses, bold prints, and mini skirts totally worked with her character. This muted pink shift dress and chevron print coat is by far one of my favorite outfits ever on the show. 


Since she is my favorite character I have to talk about Betty's dress. This dress has inspired me to find floral vintage prints. Such a classic look - I think I had a Barbie that had this dress. Bold florals are always in for Spring and Summer but now I am craving some light gloves and a matching handbag.

You can binge watch Mad Men on Netflix and catch the premier on AMC on Sunday!!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment